- Methods of Payment
All prices quoted and transactions are in Singapore Dollars (SGD). Visa or Mastercard is the preferred method of payment. For security purposes, we will collect your credit card details (16-digit card number, expiry date, cvv number) over the phone. Please note that delivery of products will only take place after payment has been cleared. Please see our 2) Data Protection Policy for more information on how we keep your private data secure.For rentals, your credit card information (16-digit card number, expiry date and cvv number) is to be included in the rental agreement as a form of deposit and is required to secure your reservation at the time of booking. Extension charges, if any, will also be charged to your credit card. By renting from The Baby Specialist, you hereby agree that we are permitted to charge you for the rental, rental extensions and rental reservations. Additional charges you may incur will be in connection with damaged equipment, equipment that has been returned very dirty, equipment returned after the due date, equipment not returned at all, purchase of new or used equipment and any service level changes you request.
- Data Protection
For security reasons, we only collect your details over phone, instead of email. Creditcard numbers shown in official documents like the rental agreement will be partially blocked so that no other personnel in the supply chain will have access to this information. If necessary, your credit card information is kept locked up, and access to it is limited only to the employees who have legitimate need to access the information. This data will be destroyed 7 days after the end of the rental period.The Baby Specialist reserves the right during the 7-day inspection period to inspect rental equipment after it has been collected back from the hirer. The data will be destroyed 7 days after the end of the rental period when the equipment is found to be returned in good condition and when there is no outstanding rental fee unpaid.
- Renting Baby Equipment
You can click ‘Rent’ on the product description page of the equipment you want. Fill in your details and order information, and press ‘send’. Our customer service representative will contact you. You may also email your orders directly to email@example.com or reach us by phone at +65 6562 6015 during our operating hours.We are open:
Monday – Friday: 9am to 4.30pm
Saturday: 9am to 12pmWe are closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
- Rental orders from within Singapore:
- We will confirm your order via phone or email and arrange the time and date for delivery or pick up.
- You may pay via Visa or Mastercard over the phone. Please see our 2) Data Protection Policyfor more information on how we keep your private data secure.
- Delivery of products will take place after payment has been cleared.
- For rental equipment, your credit card details also serves as a Security Deposit for the items you are about to rent. See 7) Security Deposit Requirements.If you wish to reserve the rental equipment for delivery on a later date, the equipment reservation fee is S$33. The Rental Agreement will be signed upon receiving the rental equipment.
- Rental orders from outside of Singapore:
- We will confirm your order via email and arrange the time and date for delivery or pick up.
- You may pay your rental reservation fee / rental fee via credit card over the phone. The reservation fee is S$33. Please see our 2) Data Protection Policyfor more information on how we keep your private data secure.
- Your credit card details also serves as a Security Deposit for the items you are about to rent. See 7) Security Deposit Requirements.
- After your payment has been processed, you will receive your Invoice and Rental Agreement via email.
- Please read and sign the Rental Agreement and send the signed copy back to us via email.
- Upon receiving the signed Rental Agreement, your reservation is confirmed.
Changes to your rental reservation can be done up to 72 hours prior to delivery. Please refer to 8) Rental Cancellations for our cancellation policy.
- Rental orders from within Singapore:
Unless specified otherwise, our delivery charges are as follows:For delivery of Rental items:
Standard rate – Mon to Fri (10am to 4.30pm) : S$44 [Delivery-S$22, Collection-S$22]
Evening Surcharge – Mon to Fri (4.30pm to 8.30pm) : additional $17
Weekend Surcharge – Sat & Sun (10am to 5pm) : additional $33
Delivery and set up of the baby equipment rentals can be arranged to your hotel room, vacation rental or private residence.
You may also collect and return items yourself if you so wish. For further information on where to collect your rental equipment, please visit our Contact page.
Upon receiving your order, we will typically contact you within three working days to confirm the delivery date and time.
- Self CollectionLocal pick up and viewing is available at pre-arranged times; please call or email us prior to your visit to confirm the availability of the item you wish to rent.Prior to your visit, please let us know of the following details:
– Postal code
– Email address
– Handphone number
– IC number
– List of items you are interested in renting
Our standard opening hours are:
Monday – Friday: 9am to 4.30pm
Saturday: 9am to 12pm
- Rental ChargesThere is a S$45 minimum charge on all orders, excluding delivery fees. The 1-month rental period commences on the day of delivery and ends on the 28th day, or the end of the 4th week. Most of the rental fees indicated on our website are for weekly or monthly rentals.
- Security Deposit RequirementsInstead of a cash deposit, we require your credit card information (16-digit card number, expiry date and cvv number) to be given as a form of security deposit. Your credit card will not be charged if or when we have confirmed that the item returned is in good condition, on time, and when there is no outstanding rental fee unpaid.
- Rental CancellationsCancellations may be made without penalty with up to 72 hours advance notice.If the cancellation is made more than 72 hours from the start of the rental period, there is no cancellation fee levied.
If the cancellation is made less than 72 hrs from commencement date, there will be a flat cancellation fee of SGD 33 charged.
- Returning Rental Equipment at the End of the Rental PeriodThe renter shall be liable for any damage to the equipment, soiling and dirtying of the product, alteration or modification of the product, loss or theft of the product. The amount that the renter shall be liable for would be the full replacement cost of the product. All rented equipment are given a due date easily viewed on the invoice. Other details about the length of rental and the overdue amount are also included in the rental agreement. An overdue charge is imposed when the item rented was not returned on time, and the company did not receive an extension notice from the customer. Note that the overdue charge is levied on a daily basis and starts the date after the due date noted on the invoice. If in doubt, contact The Baby Specialist management and provide your invoice number or rental name and we will give you the overdue amount. If an extension notice was received, there would not be any overdue penalties imposed.
- Rental ExtensionsAll rental extensions should be done at least 24 hrs before the expiration of rental period. Extensions will be done via email or in person. If by email, you are required to quote your invoice number. In the event that you have lost or forgotten your invoice number, you are required to provide the correct name and address used on the previous rental. The Baby Specialist can extend your rental period, depending on whether the item has been reserved by another person after you. Reservation is accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Extension charges will be charged to your credit card at the beginning of the extension period.
- Damage and Loss of Rental EquipmentReplacement costs will be charged if rental units come back damaged beyond normal wear and tear or if the items rented are not returned to us at all. Your credit card may be charged additional fees after your rental, should this be the case. You will be notified of this charge and an invoice will be issued for repairs or replacement.The Baby Specialist’s goal in implementing this policy is not for gain. The charge is solely for the cost of repairing the damage and restoring the equipment to a clean condition fit for future rental. Only when a piece of equipment is absolutely broken beyond repair, or soiled beyond our cleaning capabilities, the retail price of the replacement equipment is charged. Normal wear and tear and small scratches are not chargeable.
Please note that Baby Specialist reserves the right during the 7-day inspection period to inspect rental equipment after it has been collected back from the hirer. During the 7-day inspection period, should the equipment be found damaged, we are entitled to follow up with the hirer after this 7-day inspection period for the cost of damages.
The condition of the equipment will be checked and a checklist will be signed by the customer and our delivery person upon receipt of the equipment by the customer. If it is damaged upon return, the customer will be charged for the damage.
For self-collecting customers, every piece of equipment will be checked in your presence before it’s rented, if it is damaged upon return, the customer will be charged for the damage.
- Home Phototherapy
- One – Way Phototherapy
- Two – Way Phototherapy
- Breastfeeding & Weight
- Breastpump & Accessories
- Baby Scale & Measuring
- Medical Homecare
Contec Snotrax – B Fetal Doppler
- SPO2 Monitor
- Sleep Monitor
- IV - Infusion
- Baby Furniture
- Swing & Bouncer
- Baby Cot & Bedrail
- Baby Seat
- Safety Gate
- Baby Travel Equipment
- Baby Carrier
- Carseat & Booster Seat